The Three-Year Curriculum
The courses offered at Cornerstone Bible Institute are designed to implement the philosophy, purposes and objectives of the Institute.
These departments provide the student with the scriptural and spiritual foundation for ministry, and expose the student to a broad spectrum of knowledge in specialized areas of Christian ministry. These are not meant to be exhaustive. Learning is a lifelong process.
- Bible and Theology – learning to study the Word of God from a literal, historical, grammatical hermeneutic, the student will study the major Bible doctrines and the books of the Bible. Theology is the in-depth study of God and His Word.
- Missions Ministries – learning what God has done to provide for eternal salvation for all mankind and how to personally obtain that salvation (evangelism), the history of sharing that message in local and cross-cultural settings, and strategies for how to best spread that good news to he ends of the earth now.
- Christian Education – learning how to teach all ages about God and His Word in church ministries, camping, and home.
- Pastoral Ministries – learning all the facets of how to be a minister/pastor and preach the Word, meet the Spiritual needs of people, counsel, and conduct funerals and weddings.
- Discipleship/Counseling Ministries – The purpose of the Discipleship/Counseling Ministries Emphasis is to first disciple the student who can then disciple/counsel others. This ministry of Discipleship/Counseling is to take place in the context of the ministry of the Local Church.
- General Education – education for Christian life and practice including how to interface with the world in general.
- Music Ministries – the function and presentation of music in church settings, including how to read notes, lead choirs, and conduct singing. This also covers the practical side of a music ministry that includes choosing music and developing music programs.